Saturday, May 12, 2007

Beerthday

Or, that's what I call my 29th celebrated at the local BOP. What else would a birthday be with out a little brewing. I decided to celebrate a day early as to not steal the thunder of all the mothers out there, and I didn't want to share my day with anyone else. Now I know how all those people feel with late December birthdays. Anyway, I did another variation on C3PA. Same recipe, but I put in 1.9Gal extract instead of the 1.7. I boiled the first Chinook hops for 60 min instead of 30, and I used 2.5oz Cascade and 0.5oz Centennial for flavoring. Due to a wheat shortage, I had to use 5.8oz of Caramel Wheat to sub for the lack of regular wheat; don't think it'll make too much of a difference. I also used my last pouch of Pacman. We'll see how it turns out...in 30 days...and...GO!

No comments: